Anastasia Osei-Kuffour is a writer and director, trained through the Young Vic Directors Programme. She is currently Associate Director at Theatre 503, has just completed two years as Trainee Artistic Director at tiata fahodzi as part of the Artistic Director Leadership Programme and is Artistic Director of Wrested Veil theatre company.
Directing credits include: Typical (Pleasance Courtyard Edinburgh Fringe & Soho Theatre); Cuttin' It (Royal Court, UK schools tour); Footprints on the Moon (Finborough Theatre); An Adventure (an excerpt, Bush Theatre ); Cell (Young Vic); Here Comes the Bride (Black Lives, Black Words at Bush Theatre); All the Ways to Say Goodbye (Young Vic); Hosea’s Girl (Talawa Studio Firsts); Dishonour, You Know That I’ll Be Back & Universally Speaking (Theatre 503); Pushers (Etcetera).
+44 207 686 3215 email@example.com
DIRECTING (as lead director)
- Seeds by Mel Pennant, Spring 2020 national tour.
- Typical written by Ryan Calais Cameron, (Soho Theatre, Sept 2019 – four weeks, Pleasance Courtyard Beneath – 4 weeks at the Edinburgh Fringe Aug 2019).
- Cuttin’ It by Charlene James, UK schools tour (Royal Court production, 1 month, 19 schools).
- Footprints On The Moon by Maureen Hunter (Finborough Theatre, co-produced by Wrested Veil Theatre company).
- An Adventure by Vinay Patel (An excerpt, Bush Theatre, private opening).
- Cell by Nathaniel Martello-White, 5 Plays Project, (Young Vic Theatre).
- Dishonour, by Tanika Gupta, Acts of Defiance Festival (Theatre 503).
- Here comes the bride, by Milli Bhatia, Black Lives, Black Words (Bush Theatre).
- All The Ways to Say Goodbye by Neil LaBute, Fresh Direction Project (Young Vic Theatre).
- The Christians & The Kalki Project, Wrested Veil in partnership with the Gate (Gate Theatre).
- Hosea’s Girl, Studio Firsts Award (Talawa Firsts).
- You know that I’ll be back by Tamara Felisa Micner (Theatre 503).
- Universally Speaking by Connor Caroll (Theatre 503).
- good dog by Arinzé Kene, tiata fahodzi and Tara Finney Productions in association with Watford Palace Theatre, Spring 2019 national tour. Dir. Natalie Ibu.
- The Hackney Volpone, The Rose Lipman Building. Dir. Anna Jones.
- Flowering Cherry by Robert Bolt, Finborough. Dir. Ben Whitrow.
- mixed brain, a tiata fahodzi and Paines Plough co-production, Roundabout Summer Hall Edinburgh. Dir: Natalie Ibu.
- Macbeth, Dorfman National Theatre, Stratford Circus and Schools tour. Dir. Justin Audibert.
- Romeo & Juliet, Dorfman National Theatre, Stratford Circus and Schools tour. Dir. Bijan Sheibani.
- Cuttin’ It, a Young Vic/Royal Court Theatre co-production with Birmingham Repertory Theatre, Sheffield Theatres and The Yard Theatre (Part of the Young Vic’s Jerwood Assistant Director Programme 2016, supported by the Jerwood Charitable Foundation). Dir. Gbolahan Obisesan.
- Plaques & Tangles, Royal Court Theatre, dir. Lucy Morrison.
- Alpha Beta, Finborough Theatre. Dir. Purni Morell.
- Idomeneus, Gate Theatre. Dir. Ellen McDougall.
- Henry the Fifth, Unicorn Theatre. Dir. Ellen McDougall.
- Three Generations of Women, Greenwich Theatre (and touring). Dir. Ria Parry.
- Andy Capp The Musical, Finborough Theatre. Dir. Jake Smith.
- A Doll’s House, Young Vic Theatre (as Boris Karloff Trainee Assistant Director). Dir. Carrie Cracknell.