+44 1462 743772 email@example.com
STOP PRESS: Anastasia is shortly to join Searchlight Pictures to shoot CHEVALIER
ANASTASIA OSEI-KUFFOUR is a Director, Writer, Producer and Poet. She trained as a director through the Young Vic Directors Programme, the National Theatre Directors’ course and as an artistic director on the Artistic Director Leadership Programme. She is currently Stephen Williams’s assistant on the Searchlight feature film Chevalier and Artistic Director of Wrested Veil Production Company.
Direction includes: Precious Little Thing (BBC Radio 4); Typical the film (Soho Theatre On Demand); Seeds (UK tour, Leeds Playhouse, Live Newcastle, Derby Theatre & Warwick Arts Centre); Typical (Soho Theatre & Pleasance Courtyard Edinburgh Fringe & Audible version); Cuttin' It (Royal Court, UK schools tour-19 schools); Footprints on the Moon (Finborough Theatre); An Adventure (an excerpt, Bush Theatre ); Cell (Young Vic); Here Comes the Bride (Black Lives, Black Words at Bush Theatre); All the Ways to Say Goodbye (Young Vic); Hosea’s Girl (Talawa Studio Firsts); Dishonour, You Know That I’ll Be Back & Universally Speaking (Theatre503).
Associate and Assistant Directing includes: good dog (Spring 2019 National Tour); mixed brain (Roundabout, Summer Hall Edinburgh); Macbeth & Romeo and Juliet (National Theatre Dorfman, Stratford Circus, UK schools tour); Cuttin’ It — Young Vic’s Jerwood Assistant Director Programme, supported by the Jerwood Charitable Foundation (Young Vic, Royal Court, Birmingham REP, Sheffield Theatres and The Yard); Flowering Cherry, Alpha Beta & Andy Capp (Finborough); Three Generations of Women (Greenwich); Plaques and Tangles (Royal Court); Idomeneus (Gate); Henry the Fifth (Unicorn); and — as Boris Karloff Trainee Assistant Director — A Doll’s House (Young Vic).
Check out her website for more info: www.anastasiaoseikuffour.com
DIRECTING (as lead director)
- Seeds by Mel Pennant, Spring 2020 national tour.
- Typical written by Ryan Calais Cameron, (Soho Theatre, Sept 2019 – four weeks, Pleasance Courtyard Beneath – 4 weeks at the Edinburgh Fringe Aug 2019).
- Cuttin’ It by Charlene James, UK schools tour (Royal Court production, 1 month, 19 schools).
- Footprints On The Moon by Maureen Hunter (Finborough Theatre, co-produced by Wrested Veil Theatre company).
- An Adventure by Vinay Patel (An excerpt, Bush Theatre, private opening).
- Cell by Nathaniel Martello-White, 5 Plays Project, (Young Vic Theatre).
- Dishonour, by Tanika Gupta, Acts of Defiance Festival (Theatre 503).
- Here comes the bride, by Milli Bhatia, Black Lives, Black Words (Bush Theatre).
- All The Ways to Say Goodbye by Neil LaBute, Fresh Direction Project (Young Vic Theatre).
- The Christians & The Kalki Project, Wrested Veil in partnership with the Gate (Gate Theatre).
- Hosea’s Girl, Studio Firsts Award (Talawa Firsts).
- You know that I’ll be back by Tamara Felisa Micner (Theatre 503).
- Universally Speaking by Connor Caroll (Theatre 503).
- good dog by Arinzé Kene, tiata fahodzi and Tara Finney Productions in association with Watford Palace Theatre, Spring 2019 national tour. Dir. Natalie Ibu.
- The Hackney Volpone, The Rose Lipman Building. Dir. Anna Jones.
- Flowering Cherry by Robert Bolt, Finborough. Dir. Ben Whitrow.
- mixed brain, a tiata fahodzi and Paines Plough co-production, Roundabout Summer Hall Edinburgh. Dir: Natalie Ibu.
- Macbeth, Dorfman National Theatre, Stratford Circus and Schools tour. Dir. Justin Audibert.
- Romeo & Juliet, Dorfman National Theatre, Stratford Circus and Schools tour. Dir. Bijan Sheibani.
- Cuttin’ It, a Young Vic/Royal Court Theatre co-production with Birmingham Repertory Theatre, Sheffield Theatres and The Yard Theatre (Part of the Young Vic’s Jerwood Assistant Director Programme 2016, supported by the Jerwood Charitable Foundation). Dir. Gbolahan Obisesan.
- Plaques & Tangles, Royal Court Theatre, dir. Lucy Morrison.
- Alpha Beta, Finborough Theatre. Dir. Purni Morell.
- Idomeneus, Gate Theatre. Dir. Ellen McDougall.
- Henry the Fifth, Unicorn Theatre. Dir. Ellen McDougall.
- Three Generations of Women, Greenwich Theatre (and touring). Dir. Ria Parry.
- Andy Capp The Musical, Finborough Theatre. Dir. Jake Smith.
- A Doll’s House, Young Vic Theatre (as Boris Karloff Trainee Assistant Director). Dir. Carrie Cracknell.